Thursday 4 June 2009

An Introduction to Me

Well, I guess the big difference from me to other Etsy sellers is my age. I'm 15 and while that might put some off, others see it as a benefit. If I want to sell my creations why should anyone say I will do a worse job than an experienced mother of two? Some people seem to have this prejudice against anyone under 18. I hope that I can break the mould!

I started making hair accessories about a year and a half ago after paying over the odds for a badly made hair accessory that didn't even match the outfit I bought it for! I have been making things since I was little - everything from ladybug houses to blankets. So I made a few hair bows to start off with. My friends started to ask about them and soon enough I was selling them. I developed my skills and began making more complex designs. I branched into hairbands, barettes and now I'm beginning to dabble in brooches. I recently stumbled across Etsy and after a bit of research I set up shop.

Now that I'm beginning to take this venture a bit further I thought it would be a great idea to chart my progress. Etsy is totally new to me so I'm starting from grass roots level. But hey, everyone has to start from somewhere, don't they?

1 comment:

  1. I found you from the Etsy forum: "Don't hog your blog", I'm glad I did. I think it's great that you are starting this at such a young age! Don't ever let what other's say hold you back- keep going forward!
    Just get out there & show them shat youv'e got!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete